Confused between choosing a Corded vacuum cleaner and a Cordless vacuum cleaner? We understand how difficult choosing the right type of vacuum cleaner can be and so, to help you out with your decision, we have listed down the pros and cons of using both types of vacuum cleaners.
Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
A Cordless Vacuum Cleaner is a lightweight, upright vacuum which has a slim design and uses battery power to suck up all the dust and debris. This type of vacuum cleaner includes many accessories which are useful in cleaning cars, crevices, stairs, and so on. However, due to its small battery life and small capacity, it is not really popular for hardcore cleaning.
This type of vacuum cleaner includes many accessories which are useful in cleaning cars, crevices, stairs, and so on. However, due to its small battery life and small capacity, it is not really popular for hardcore cleaning.
This type of Vacuum cleaner is easy to move around as it weighs less and since there is no cord or plug issue, you can move your vacuum cleaner wherever you want. A lot of cordless vacuum cleaners come with a wall mount which makes it easier for a quick clean up whenever you have spilled something on the floor or the carpet. If you wish to look more into it, then Homeguyd has written a well-rounded guide to buying the best vacuum cleaner.
Another amazing thing about a Cordless vacuum cleaner is that although it is designed for floor cleaning, you can use a few accessories to use your vacuum to perform other cleaning tasks as well, like cleaning your staircase or the insides of the car.
Here are a few Pros and Cons of using a cordless vacuum cleaner:
- It is easy to move around as it has a slim design and is lightweight.
- Easy to store under the cupboard or hang on the wall.
- It can be used to perform various cleaning tasks with the help of accessories.
- Good for a quick cleanup.
- It is not hindered by plug or cord length.
- It has a limited battery life which means you can use it for only 20-25 minutes before the power drains.
- It has a small dust capacity.
- It needs to be recharged in every half an hour.
- It requires a lot of maintenance.
Corded Vacuum Cleaners
A Corded Vacuum cleaner is a standard vacuum cleaner which is usually heavy and can perform the basic cleaning tasks efficiently and quickly. It is more powerful but it requires a socket for its power cord. This means that you will need a socket in every room or area where you are planning to use the vacuum cleaner or your power cord should be long enough to cover larger areas while cleaning.
This type of vacuum cleaner also requires a proper storage place and can perform cleaning on floors, carpets, etc. but not staircase and crevices. It is also not ideal for a quick cleanup as it requires time to set it up and if there is no electricity, then you cannot use this vacuum cleaner. However, this vacuum cleaner has a large dust capacity which makes it ideal for a good cleanup and makes the whole cleaning quicker and efficient.
Here are a few pros and cons of using this vacuum cleaner:
- It has a bigger dust capacity.
- It doesn’t need to be recharged frequently.
- It is more powerful in cleaning.
- It can cover a large area at a time.
- It is heavy.
- You need a power socket nearby at all times.
- The power cord should be long.
- It cannot be stored under a cupboard.